Questions? Call Us Toll-Free 802-752-4738 | Email Us
Located in Milton Vermont, we specialize in producing & packaging premium quality extruded products for dogs and cats. Our Product Development team is available to help you bring your new product ideas to market with an emphasis on safety & quality. We are pleased to offer low minimum order size requirements to facilitate the launch of new products for our customers.
Green Mountain Animal, LLC is a complete one-stop shop for all your custom formulation needs for companion animal health products and treats. We are experts in innovative formulation and product quality with the ability to manufacture and source a wide variety of delivery options—including extruded chews, extruded sticks, tablets, capsules, powders, gels and liquids—for your unique product.
As a contract manufacturer of animal health products and treats, we pride ourselves on our commitment to quality and safety throughout the manufacturing process. Contact us today to learn how we can help you create your custom animal health product or treat.
Our experienced product development team can assist you with formulating your custom products to make a product that dogs and cats will crave while working within your budget.
To ensure that your products meet your standards for flavor and texture, we will make small sample batches for you to review. We know your time is valuable so we pride ourselves on our ability to make samples quickly using our small laboratory equipment and our full size extruders.
Dale Metz, CEO of Green Mountain Animal, is the Vice President and a founding member of the National Animal Supplement Council. With his 14 years of experience working with the FDA and Center for Veterinary Medicine, we can help you navigate the confusing world of regulatory compliance.
Green Mountain Animal has relationships with many of the animal rescue groups in our area so we have an ample supply of taste-testers to give us feed back on our flavors. The best formula in the world will not do any good if the animals will not eat it!
We know that you have great ideas for your new products so our facilities allow for a variety of packaging options to suit your needs. Our equipment can handle small or large batch sizes so you do not have to make a major volume commitment when launching a new product.
From formulation and ingredient sourcing to packaging and shipping, Green Mountain Animal does it all to provide you with a finished product that is ready to put on the store shelf.
It has become commonplace for humans to incorporate a daily multivitamin as part of their daily diet. There are different formulations designed for young kids, kids, middle-aged adults, senior citizens, and so on. It stands to reason that just as human beings can benefit from adding their meals with minerals and vitamins that are not easily available in their close environment, so might our pets also benefit from supplements designed particularly for their needs. In fact, a lot of pet owners have already discovered the many health benefits of pet supplements, whether via a vet’s recommendation or their research.
1. Your pet has vitamin deficiencies–there may be more than one reason why your pet may be vitamin deficient. Vitamin deficiencies, especially vitamin D is pretty common since it is difficult to obtain from the diet. However, a good way around this problem is to feed your pet plant-based multivitamins that offer a good supply of key vitamins, including vitamin A, B, C, D, and K.
2. Your pet has oral health problems – pets, especially dogs, can easily become prone to a poor oral health, which in turn can adversely affect the rest of their health. From heart disease to infections, poor dental health can take a toll on your pet’s overall health. There are numerous pet oral health supplements, such as Pettura, that help fight tartar and support dental health.
3. Your pet experiences joint Discomfort – it is common for pets, especially older ones, to become more vulnerable to joint pain and arthritis. If your pet is one of them, then it is time you consulted your vet about supplements that will help your pet overcome the pain. For this issue, chondroitin sulfate and glucosamine are the dream team when it comes to supplements since they help strengthen and support joints in all dog breeds. Your vet will be able to recommend you the correct dose, so make sure to check with them before feeding your pet a new supplement.
4. Your pet eats homemade food – if your pet lives on homemade food, there is a good chance that they may not be getting the optimum intake of vitamins and minerals as they need. This is because cooking destroys most of the nutrients, plus you may be able to prepare a well-balanced diet for your pet regarding nutrition, which may end up leaving up deficient in certain nutritional aspects. While there is nothing wrong with feeding homemade food to your pet, it is still one of those cases where you might need supplements to compensate for the loss or lack of nutrition.
5. Your pet has a weaker immune system – if your pet gets sick often or very easily, that might indicate a weak immune system. In such a case, your vet may be able to recommend a pet supplement that will help support a healthier body.